Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Great Website for frugal fans - Find the Cheapest Petrol in your area!

Petrol price make me want to do this.......

 (Photo courtesy of Hector Garcia, Flickr)


So I was really pleased to find this great website - has anyone come across it before?

http://www.petrolprices.com/


It is free to sign up, you put in your postcode and the type of fuel you use and it will list the cheapest petrol stations within a 5 mile radius to you.  It will then email you each week (or more frequently if you wish) with an up to date list.

The variation between petrol stations is huge with petrol stations within a 5 mile radius to us ranging from 134.9 - 138.9 pence per litre for unleaded and 139.9 - 143.9 pence per litre for diesel.  For me this also doesn't include any big supermarkets but I think I have the option of searching near other postcodes.

I don't know how many litres my car takes to work out the potential savings but I can only assume that over a few months it will start to make a difference.

I do know that our budget has really felt the increase in petrol prices and with both my husband and I having to drive to work it is an expense that is hard for us to cut by much.

Take a look - let me know if you think it is any good. I'd love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. What a great website.

    Thank you.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so - hope it helps with the savings towards your travels x

    ReplyDelete