Search This Blog

Saturday 2 April 2011

Bargain Buys - Co-operative Toilet Tissue

I am on a mission to take control of my grocery budget which is spiraling out of control.  I'm sure I'm not the only person with this concern.

Whilst I recognise that I can't control the global economic market I can take a bit more responsibility for managing my activity within it.

One element of this is to keep an eye on special offers but to also remember that a bargain is only a bargain if you need it (not want it) in the first place!

I'm not a big fan of supermarkets, however, one of the more ethical in my opinion, is the co-operative.  If you have one near you then you may want to check out the great offer this week of 2 packs of 9 rolls of soft toilet tissue.  Normally a pack of 9 would cost you £4.75 whereas during this promotion 18 rolls (2 packs of 9) will cost £5.  This equates to £2.50 per pack beating even Home Bargains in the value stakes.  Better still they are responsibly sourced and in biodegradable packaging.

As a family of 5, I find that our toilet tissue consumption is sometimes quite frightening.  This is not helped by my newly toilet trained nearly 3 year old who is not known for her restraint in most things including her liberal use of toilet tissue.  And I find it even more frightening that I once again sound like my mother in the days when she took to rationing toilet paper to 2 sheets per wee. 

Mmm....now there's a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment