Search This Blog

Saturday 2 April 2011

A new blogger's diary - day 2

A very strange thing has happened since I decided to have a go at starting my own blog - my mind has gone into overdrive.

Throughout the day, I have had a constant internal dialogue running about even the most mundane activities wondering if this could form the basis of a blog.  To be honest it has been exhausting!  I am hoping that as my excitement dies down and I become used to the process, this mental chatter will come to an end.

Whilst this is quite amusing and likely to be a temporary occurance (I assume) it does make my heart go out to people with mental health problems where 'voices' are an unwanted and distressing part of life.  According to 'Mind', a leading mental health charity in England and Wales, one in four people are likely to experience a mental health problem each year.  Whilst this encapsulates a wide spectrum of problems and severity it is quite a shocking figure.

So rather than complain, I think I will have to keep a pen and paper with me at all times just in case I do find some interesting inspiration whilst hovering over the frozen peas at the supermarket or cleaning the toilet.

And maybe next time I have a clear out and have things to donate to charity I will remember this experience and support an organisation which provides much needed to support to people suffering from mental illness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment