Search This Blog

Friday 8 April 2011

Diary of a new Blogger - 1 week in !

Well - I have now had a blog for just over a week although it seems so much longer!  I am really quite proud of myself as I am not a technology whiz kid but a working mum with an OK grasp of Microsoft packages.

On the one hand it has been relatively easy to set up a blog with Blogger, I have managed to post some blogs and I have also now set up an Adsense account, which supposedly can generate money from people clicking on adverts on your site.  I am not planning to retire on this but I am interested to see how it works.

On the downside, there are a number of things you should be able to do with Blogger which don't seem to work too well and I have spent a fair bit of time repeating the same actions in an attempt to, for instance, customise a template.  However, when I typed the problem into the help box I discovered that I am definitely not the only one.  I'm not complaining however as there are plenty of templates to select from (certainly enough for me as a first timer) and the site is free.

I love the stats section which tells you how many people have looked at the site and where they come from.  I've not had many views but there have been a couple of hits from Singapore and the United States.  It's true the world has shrunk with the advent of the Internet.  I only hope that the things I have posted have been of interest and not sounded awful!  Whilst, I'd really like to share information that is helpful for people, I guess that there is no point in becoming paranoid about what people across the globe I have never met might think.  There is enough stress in life without creating more!

Over the next week or so, it is my hope that I will be able to create some fixed pages and a contact me form and also learn how to include photos in my posts - wish me luck as this may not be as straight forward as I hope!!  Any advice would be gratefully received.

And if any of my posts are at all of interest please quash my paranoia and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment