Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2011

MUMentum - Time to Take Control

Well....I feel just a bit of a fraud joining this link.

My youngest is 3 and I have lost weight since having her but subsequently put on more than I lost in the past 12 months - so I can hardly blame pregnancy.

However, coincidentally, before seeing this blog hop I had already decided that today was going to be the day I stopped making excuses and took myself in hand.

I have been going to Slimming World on and off for 2 years now and did very well in the first 12 months and then something went wrong.  Whilst I was finding juggling a full time job and 3 young children tiring and my son was having problems with his reading which was an added stress,  I really can't blame anyone else, or any particular event as ultimately it was down to me.

However, I think that I had done well, reached a plateau with my weight loss and also stopped staying at the Slimming World meetings which coupled with being tired and worried didn't help me move forward.

So.....I put on all the weight I lost ( 2 1/2 stone) and more beside and have been in a bit of a yo yo dieting cycle since.

I have rejoined Slimming World on a least 4 or 5 occasions to then drop out again after a few weeks due to either real or contrived reasons.  I seem to have spent a fortune on attending the meetings that I am not currently making full use of and I have decided that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

It is time for me to try and take control and responsibility for my own behaviour and rather than spend money I don't really have on support I am not using I am going to see whether being a part of this virtual group will help me on my journey.

So if you don't mind I'd like to post each week on my progress, get ideas from others and perhaps as time goes by feel happy enough to post pictures of me on my blog rather than just pictures of my family.

My ultimate goal would be to have a professional family portrait taken of us all but I have a long way to go until I would be happy to do that - so one step at a time I think.

I weighed myself this morning so know my starting point and whilst I'd rather not share my weight at this time, I can say that I need to lose at least 4 stone (4 1/2 stone would take me to my weight before children).

My plan is to follow the Slimming World plan as I know it well and can comfortably stay on plan to prepare our family meals without having to weigh and measure but I will also try and build in some additional exercise.  Whilst we try and stay active with the children at the weekends, I don't always do much in the week.  I've tried to go to organised classes in the past but you have to book a lot here in advance and I'd prefer to do what I feel like rather than what I am booked into as well as save the money - so tonight to start I have been for a brisk walk.

I am also going to avoid alcohol as I find that not only does this add additional calories but I tend to snack more and eat junk food that ordinarily wouldn't bother me.

So - here goes - can I regain control?  I hope so xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment